1) First Visits
Prior your visit
• Please download the Health history questionnaire form and Informed consent form. Take the time to fill them out thoroughly in advance, and bring them to your first appointment.
• Please eat a little snack/meal about 1-2 hours prior to your treatment so that your stomach is not too empty or too full.
• Please abstain from vigorous exercise, overexertion, drugs or alcohol on the day of your treatment.
• Please wear comfortable and loose clothing.
• Bring a list of medications you are currently taking.
• Please do not brush your tongue on the morning of your treatment.
During your visit
• Be prepared to discuss all aspects of your health. It is important to get an overview of your physical and mental well-being in order to properly diagnosis your present condition. We will use other TCM diagnostic tools including observing your tongue and taking your pulse. This will help us assess your constitutional pattern and create the most effective TCM treatment plan that is customized just for you.
• According to our diagnosis of your condition, specific acupuncture points will be chosen to rebalance your body. The needles are hair thin, sterile and disposable. Usually, the patient feels little or no discomfort. Most patients feel pleasantly relaxed during this time. Needles will be retained about 40 to 45 minutes depending upon the diagnosis.
• After your treatment we will discuss your TCM wellness plan. We will provide a customized herbal medicine options for you. In addition, we will make nutritional and lifestyle recommendations based on your constitutional diagnosis.
After your visit
• Please try to rest. Patients often feel relaxed after the treatment.
• Please try to avoid any vigorous activities immediately afterwards.
• Drink plenty of water.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly via email to (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions or concerns after your treatment.
2) Insurance Coverage
If you wish to have your insurance cover all or a portion of your treatment, please contact your insurance provider prior to the appointment to learn the extent to which your treatment will be covered. Many insurance companies cover acupuncture; it depends entirely on your plan. More and more insurance plans are now offering reimbursement for acupuncture; however they may reimburse you in part rather than for the full cost of the session.
3) Cancellation policy
In the event that you need to reschedule or cancel your appointment, please kindly give us at least 24 hours advanced notice to avoid a 50% service charge.